czwartek, 16 lipca 2015

Surprise them with kindness!

Hello guys! How are you doing? Today's post is going to be all about kindness. Everything, what led me to writing this post, started on Tuesday, when I headed to the big city I'll call my temporary home after October knocks in.  Waiting for the bus, I was sitting on the desk near ticket machines. They're quite a new thing in the capital of my region, and before they actually became reality, people used to buy tickets in shops. They work a bit like Tablets with their touchscreens, and many of elderly people, who aren't really familiar with technology, have no idea how to use them. I believe we should help people, if we only can, provided they aren't too rude, so when somebody asks me for help politely, I will help, because it feels right. Now let me describe a situation to you: there's a man in his early 50's, dressed in shabby clothes, and with incredibly tired eyes. Isn't it a sad picture? For me, it was. The man had no idea how to use a ticket machine, and as he needed tickets, he asked me for help. I couldn't refuse and in a matter of 30 seconds he had the bus ticket in his hands. Might seem like a regular situation, but then his eyes got a little bit teary, as he started thanking me for my small act of kindness. You see, for me it wasn't a big of deal, but for him it was. He wanted to buy me a chocolate in a store next to ticket machines, saying I was extraordinarly nice ( I refused). It did seem weird to me that he thought so until he added that he was working in the train industry 12 hours per day, and people were rarely nice, but very often exteremely rude. He was a handworker, suffering from a illness, whose name I can't remember, and he was surprised somebody would show him some kindness. That's sad to think about. So many people choose to be rude without any reasons that acting nicely stopped being something obvious. In which direction are we, as mankind, going if hostility becomes the popular answer? Let's not allow it to become a trend. Surprise the world with kindness!
Maybe someday your good energy will come back to you, when you need it the most. Nothing feels better than a thought you might have brighten  somebody's crappy day up, believe me. (P.s: My new blog address is here: https://papercoffeestore.wordpress.com/ )

wabikes.org/



Human Family - Poem by Maya Angelou

I note the obvious differences
in the human family.
Some of us are serious,
some thrive on comedy.

Some declare their lives are lived
as true profundity,
and others claim they really live
the real reality.

The variety of our skin tones
can confuse, bemuse, delight,
brown and pink and beige and purple,
tan and blue and white.

I've sailed upon the seven seas
and stopped in every land,
I've seen the wonders of the world
not yet one common man.

I know ten thousand women
called Jane and Mary Jane,
but I've not seen any two
who really were the same.

Mirror twins are different
although their features jibe,
and lovers think quite different thoughts
while lying side by side.

We love and lose in China,
we weep on England's moors,
and laugh and moan in Guinea,
and thrive on Spanish shores.

We seek success in Finland,
are born and die in Maine.
In minor ways we differ,
in major we're the same.

I note the obvious differences
between each sort and type,
but we are more alike, my friends,
than we are unalike.

We are more alike, my friends,
than we are unalike.

We are more alike, my friends,
than we are unalike. 


Ending with some wise words from Maya, I would like to thank you for reading my posts, it means a lot to me. You are awesome!


Do you believe in kindness? Have you lately been in a similiar situation as I was? Let me know in comments below!


Have a lovely day,
Jessie





Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz