niedziela, 5 lipca 2015

Australia's secrets on the radar!

Hello guys! It's a hot, summer day in Poland, and as we tend to desire what we don't have, I cool myself down with some Portugal music. It's called Fado, and it's absolutely lovely. It has some romantic vibe about it, and makes me feel so nice, so If I were you, I would give it a try! Anyway, what I'm going to talk about today is Australia. Again. Sorry, I can't just let it go! My love runs deep like a chevy, and always takes my heart straight to Australia! Today is perfect for revealing some of Australia's secrets, because if you haven't fallen in love with Australia yet, it's high time you changed it! At least I hope you will, because we could create our own Australia lovers club! Anyway, the truth is about to be spilled: Kata Tjuta does exist.  You may ask: and what? What's even that? Well, Uluru is insanely famous, and Kata Tjuta isn't, but its charm is something you should be aware of, so I'm elated to introduce you another Australian highlight! Kata Tjuta are a group of large domed rock formations set within the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, which are also known as "The Olgas". Kata Tjuta actually means "many heads" in traditional Aboriginal language, and I can easily see where that one came from, seeing this Central Australian beauty queen! (P.s: My new blog address is here: https://papercoffeestore.wordpress.com/ )

michaelseebeck.com/

I read that Kata Tjuta we can see today are the remains of erosion that began around 500 million years ago. That's quite an old beauty, I must admit. What's more, the tallest dome of Kata Tjuta rises 1,066 metres above sea level and that's basically the same size as the One World Trade Centre in NY. Good luck for human kind in winning this game, Kata Tjuta remains unbothered.
It is approximately 30 kilometres away from Uluru in Australia's Red Centre, and it stays a bit off the radar, because it's a sacred place for men in the Anangu Aboriginal culture, who don't allow tourists to profanate Kata Tjuta. The tribesmen believe that great snake king Wanambi lives on the summit of Mount Olga and only comes down during the dry season. Less of touristic traffic makes it even a more breathtaking experience to visit The Olgas, and helps preserve its unique sacred atmosphere. I hope to see it on my own one day. Keep your fingers crossed for me, please!

What about you? Have you ever  heard about Kata Tjuta before? Are you in love with Australia? What countries would you like to visit? Let me know in comments!


Have a lovely day,
Jessie

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz