poniedziałek, 15 czerwca 2015

They say dreams and I reply: Australia!

Hello! It's Monday, and as I stopped blaming Mondays for my lack of productivity some time ago, I decided to write a post. Life is what we let it be, isn't it? Anyway, drinking my favorite, incredibly bitter black coffee and listening to John Mayer, I decided to let myself dream a bit today, and guess where it led me? Straight to Australia! In my mind, of course, because now I'm more kilometres away from Australian kangaroos than a number of poems I've ever written and that says a lot. Considering I have never been to Australia you might ask: why are you so fond of Australia? Are you into deadly spiders, crocodiles and octopuses? Well, as much as I'm open for new relationships, that's not exactly a reason. It's more about a lifestyle. I know few Australians and from what I've observed they seem to radiate optimism. If we could somehow produce optimism, Australia could be one of top players in such an industry. Real talk here. As I believe that positive thinking does wonders for me, I would love to live in Australia. That's one of the reasons, but not the only one. Below I'll post my favorite things about the land of kangooros and koalas. Did you know the population of Australian kangaroos is twice as big as of Australian people's? We know who's the real boss here! (P.s: My new blog address is here: https://papercoffeestore.wordpress.com/ )

1. Outback roads.
Let's imagine there's nothing but a tarmac road in front of us. No houses, no people, no concrete walls, but empty space in all shades of orange and red. Sky is full of stars, just like in that Coldplay song, because city lights don't compete with stars. Honestly I don't see a better way to figure your life out. Outback covers about 90% of Australia, but only up to 10% of its population lives there, so naturally you need to be well prepared to remain safe during a trip there, but so many people call Outback somehow magical that it's surely worth the try. Who wants to teleport there now? I do!

goforfun.com.au/



2. Queensland
The second largest state in Australia, but it's not what makes it so special for me. I mean, quite nice, but... Great Barrier Reef wins this battle! The largest coral reef system on the planet - it says everything. Seeking for a little magic? Australia has it all! Not to mention that Queensland has Brisbane -  a very lovely city, so it's a full package.

www.50shadesofage.com/

3. Sydney
As a culture lover I fancy Sydney's iconic Opera House. Even though I've heard from many people that the city itself  is terribly overrated and Melbourne has an edge over it, I don't mind. There are places you need to visit on your own, no matter how cliche it may be. Sydney is one of them for me.


wikimedia.org/



4. Vance Joy
Vance Joy is an Australian singer most known for his song "Riptide". Somehow every time I hear his songs I feel as if I was in Australia. My head is filled with sunshine, and joy of life, even when it's raining cats and dogs and I can't find my way home. He's my australian love.




There are 99 more reasons why I love Australia so much, but I'll post them on another occasion. 
My desire is to end with a poem and a song, so I'm elated to inform you that Charles Bukowski will help me with that, accompanied by Lily Hates  Roses. 


I met a genius - Charles Bukowski


 I met a genius on the train
today
about 6 years old,
he sat beside me
and as the train 
ran down along the coast
we came to the ocean
and then he looked at me
and said,
it's not pretty.


it was the first time I'd 
realized 
that.

Have a lovely day,
Jessie





Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz